Sunday, January 15, 2017

Spinach Quiche per Hanaa



There really isn't much I have to say about this recipe. 
I made two extra ramekins for a friend, as well as a 7" x 7" Pyrex. 

followed the recipe from Hanaa, using all her ingredients, and cheeses except that my Jack cheese did not have Jalapeño. I wrung out the drained, frozen chopped spinach well in cheesecloth. All ingredients were placed into one bowl and mixed well.



I baked the ingredients at preheated 400 degrees [not convection] on a cookie sheet with Silpat. When it began to get brown around the edges, and appeared to be setting after 23 minutes, I removed it. Even after cooling, however, it was still a little moist for my taste, and I realized that a crust would have made a dramatic difference for me. As it was, it kept bringing back to my mind the old Stouffers's frozen spinach soufflé so I found I didn't enjoy the consistency, although the multi-cheese flavors with the spinach were enjoyable.



5 comments:

  1. I never tried the Stouffer's spinach souffle but I had stood there looking at it in the store wondering if it was good. Guess I'll try it with the crust then. Was hoping for a good crustless quiche recipe since it's one of my favorite things to order at a cafe for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go look up what a Stouffers's frozen spinach soufflé was …. it does look similar. Glad the multi cheese flavours were enjoyable. So looking forward to the Liege Waffles bake after next :) --- Jeniffer

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really pretty, Joan! Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy them as much. I hope you like next month's cookie recipe more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love the Stouffer's spinach souffle, and have a recipe I make that reminds me of it. I really enjoyed this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pity you didn't enjoy it Joan since it looks nice in the photo. I'm wondering if your friend enjoyed theirs?

    ReplyDelete